FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Following guidelines from the Government and The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy we are open for all physiotherapy lead services. We are required to complete a COVID-19 risk assessment in the first instance to minimise our close contact and so reducing our risk of spreading the virus.
Are you open for face to face physiotherapy?
Yes, but if you have not yet done so you must complete a COVID-19 risk assessment in the first instance. This is sent to you with your booking confirmation and we ask you to reply with your consent.
Are you open for Pilates and Strength and Conditioning 1:1's?
Yes. If attending any of these appointments you must complete a COVID-19 risk assessment in the first instance. This is sent to you with your booking confirmation and we ask you to reply with your consent.
Social distancing will be maintained during all face to face 1:1 Pilates and strength and conditioning appointments, your Physiotherapist will also wear a face covering an an extra precaution.
Are you open for Pilates and Strength and Conditioning studio classes?
We will be taking extra measures to ensure your safety whilst enjoying our space, this includes:
- Temperature check on arrival with a verbal COVID screen
- Pre-booking-this is essential and in doing so you consent to us sharing your details with COVID-19 tracking services if required.
- All classes will have adequate ventilation and attendees will be side by side not face to face. We will maintain breaks between our classes where possible to minimise cross over. Please take care to maintain social distancing on entering and leaving as we only have our front door in use.
- When you arrive please use the hand sanitiser at the door way. Make your way to your class studio where you will find a basket for your shoes and personal belongings.
- There will be no sharing of equipment, you will have your own for the duration of the class which you will be asked to clean at the end. We will supply cleaning equipment for each attendee so there will be no need to share. Your instructor will return all the equipment to its place after cleaning to prevent gathering at a pinch point.
- You are required to wear a face covering whilst in our space however do not need to wear one whilst exercising. You are asked to adhere to social distancing during the class. Your instructor will be wearing a face visor as may occasionally need to come within one metre of you for instructing purposes. There will be no hands on feedback as this would require full PPE.
- Please bring your own towel and water bottle which can be re-filled here if required.
- Our bathroom is available for use. There are sanitising wipes to use before and after should you need it.
Please note we have not re-opened Mat Pilates studio classes as we are unable to accommodate smaller number mat classes. Unfortunately we are unable to make this work financially for us or clients. Our mat Pilates classes will remain online until social distancing measures are eased.
What precautions are in place at Four Sides London to minimise the spread of the virus and maintain public safety?
Under guidance from the government and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy we have risk assessed our space and implemented specific operational and infection control measures including:
- Thorough cleaning of all our medical and rehabilitation equipment, bathroom and treatment space between clients with suitable antibacterial solution and single use cloths.
- Thorough hand sanitising and cleaning procedures by all who enter our space.
- As per government guidelines during the appointment your physiotherapist will be wearing PPE including a fluid resistant mask, apron and gloves . As the client you will be asked to wear a face covering or mask as per government recommendations whilst in our space due to being within 1 metre of someone you don't normally meet and in an enclosed space.
- Continuous air filtration in rooms where there is no window ventilation.
- Continuing thorough daily deep cleaning of our entire space.
- Removal of all fabric cloths, coverings and non-wipeable equipment.
- All waste from our space be treated as clinical and disposed of accordingly.
What do I need to be aware of if I attend a face to face appointment?
- Your appointment time includes time for your physiotherapist to clean the room appropriately after use.
- For explanation of the mechanisms and risks of transmission and exposure of COVID-19 click here for further information
- The nature of close client to physiotherapist contact during a face to face physiotherapy consultation. Your Four Sides physiotherapist will be within 2 metres of you during the appointment and is likely to use hands on to assess and manually treat you.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser on entering our space. You will then be asked to wash your hands before and after your appointment. Before, during and after your appointment your physiotherapist will be following infection control guidelines including cleaning of all equipment, plinth, chairs, desks, laptops, sink and door handles between each client appointment.
- By attending a face to face physiotherapy or Pilates/ Strength and Conditioning session you consent to contact tracing and us sharing your information with the government should this be deemed necessary.
- You will be asked to confirm that you and your household are well, symptom free and following the latest government guidelines on social distancing on the day of your appointment.
All active passes/ sessions on all client accounts that could not be used during lockdown will have been 'frozen'. We are unable to offer refunds however as we begin to reopen our services please email [email protected]to request an extension of your passes/ sessions to enable you to use them again. The passes/ sessions will be extended by the length of time for which our services were not available.
Our online classes and video services have different pricing options which are non transferable. Please contact [email protected]to request extension of your pass once we re-open.
Our cancellation policy remains the same for all classes and sessions (see below)
Anybody can join our LIVE classes which are done via Mindbody Live Stream. You can book as normal through MINDBODY. 30 minutes before the class you will receive a link which will allow you to join the class. You can have your video on or off and all participants are muted during the classes to ensure there is no background noise and you can hear your physiotherapist. We recommend using Google Chrome or FireFox if online and suggest testing out logging in prior to the class incase you need tp change browsers or try a different device.
Private medical insurance
Do you accept insurance for Physiotherapy?
We are recognised for Physiotherapy by all major insurance companies. Please contact your provider for the terms of your policy. Most insurance companies will require a referral from your GP before commencing treatment.
How do I claim for my session through my insurer?
BUPA- our contract with BUPA is for 30 minute appointments only. Please book a Physiotherapy BUPA Initial appointment and email [email protected] with your membership number and authorisation code.
All other insurers: Follow our normal booking process for a Physiotherapy appointment (click on 'Book Now' on our website homepage). Select COVID-19 Physiotherapy Initial remote video. You will be required to pay for the appointment at the time of booking. Inform the Physiotherapist at your initial session that you are claiming through insurance and they will email you an invoice and receipt so that you can claim it back through your medical insurer.
We are unable to guarantee that your insurer will pay in full for your treatment. Please discuss the terms of your policy and payments with your insurance provider.
Four Sides London provider numbers:
Axa- Laura Harman LH02175. Aimee HiggsAH05786. Melanie White MW04636. Natasha Hughes NH02336.