A delicious, nutrient dense brunch that can also be enjoyed as the perfect post-work out meal. The balance of macronutrients will hep to refuel and aid recovery or simply keep you full until your next meal.
Sweet potatoes are rich in antioxidants, high in fibre and packed full of vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, vitamin C and most of our B vitamins.
– 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
– 4 large eggs
– 1 tsp chilli flakes
– 1 tsp smoked paprika
– Pinch of salt and pepper
– 1 Avocado
– Handful spinach leaves
– 1/2 tsp coconut oil
– Juice of half a lime
– Bake or microwave sweet potatoes until soft
– Allow to cool and scoop out the middle and mash until smooth
– Beat 2 eggs then mix into the sweet potato mash
– Add spices and salt and pepper and mix thoroughly
– Heat coconut oil in a pan then add 2 tbs of batter per pancake
– Heat for 2-3 mins of each side until cooked
– Whilst the pancakes are cooking, poach the other 2 eggs and create the smashed avocado by mashing the avocado with the lime juice and 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
– Lay a bed of spinach on the plate, top with pancakes, smashed avo and poached egg.
They make amazing substitutions for burger buns. Substitute the herbs/spices for cinnamon for sweet rather than savoury pancakes.