– 1/2 cup coconut flour
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 1 tsp baking powder (use gluten free if needed)
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 2 tbsp cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 3 ripe bananas
– 6 free range eggs
– 3 tbsp melted raw honey
– 1/3 cup melted organic butter
– 1 tsp organic vanilla essence
– 1/3 cup finely chopped nuts – I used walnuts
– 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
– Extra walnuts or pecans to sprinkle on top if you want to
- Line a loaf tray with baking paper and turn on oven to fan bake 175 degree celcius.
- Mash 3 bananas in a bowl or if you have a food processor you can blend the bananas. Try to get rid of all the lumps.
- Combine the mashed banana with the melted butter and mix well. Add the eggs, melted honey and vanilla, and mix so well combined. Add the melted coconut oil to the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl stir together the coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, walnuts and desiccated coconut.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf tray. You could also add extra chopped nuts, seeds or desiccated coconut sprinkled on top.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Once cooked take out of the oven and and let it cool down.
- Store in an airtight container. Delicious served toasted with coconut yoghurt and drizzled with almond coconut butter!