This is one of my favourite salads in the summer. I love the fresh flavours and the delish dressing! The fresh vegetables could be varied depending what you have in the fridge. You could have this on its own or serve it with salmon or tofu.
Serves 4 Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- Thumb sized piece of ginger chopped (or grated if not using blender) 1 tsp sesame oil
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp of chilli paste like gochujang chilli paste or sriracha sauce (optional leave out if you prefer without chilli)
- 1 packet of soba noodles (200g)
- 2 spring onions
- 2 carrots
- 3/4 cucumber
- 2 cups of kale
- Bunch of coriander
- 1 chilli (optional)
- Seeds/ nuts to top (I used pistachios and black sesame seeds) 1/2 lime chopped into wedges
- To make the dressing combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. If you do not have a blender then mix together in a bowl but make sure the garlic and ginger is minced. You can add more water if needed if the dressing is a bit thick.
- Slice cucumber into sticks, grate the carrot and chop the kale into strips discarding the stalks. Finely chop the spring onion and chilli (if using)
- To cook the soba noodles bring a pot of water to the boil, add the noodles, simmer for 3 minutes, then drain and rinse noodles briefly under cold water.
- Steam the kale for 3 minutes (if you have a steamer you could just put this on top of the noodles while they are cooking).
- Toast the nuts/seeds in a small fry pan on low heat for 3-4 minutes , tossing regularly.
- Place noodles in a bowl then top with carrots cucumber and kale. Drizzle the dressing over and top with the spring onion, chilli, coriander, nits/seeds and serve with 1 lime wedge on the side.
- Eat it just like this or serve it with salmon or tofu on top